We want you to feel at home when you study, so having a good place to stay is important. We understand that everyone is different and that is why we provide HomeStay and Managed Accommodation. We also have excellent links to hotels near to the stadium.
HomeStay is a great choice as it provides you with a home and also the opportunity to practise your English more, as you will be staying with an English speaking family. What is great about HomeStay is that provides you with a safe and secure environment, especially if it is the first time you have been away from home.
What is HomeStay accommodation?
- Home away from home
- Single furnished study bedroom
- Stay with a local family
- Weekly laundry, and clean towels and bedding provided
- Breakfast and dinner are provided daily
- Breakfast and dinner and lunch are provided at weekends
- Practise English outside the classroom
- Learn about a new culture
- Near the school between 10 to 30 minutes walk or a short bus ride
When can I arrive?
- You can arrive on the Saturday or Sunday before your course starts
- You should depart on the Saturday or Sunday after your course finishes
- You should inform the school of your date of travel as soon as possible. No later than 2 weeks before your date of travel
What if I have an allergy or dietary requirement?
- You will have the chance to tell us on the enrolment form of any allergies or dietary requirements you might have. This information is important as it will help us match you with the best HomeStay provider.
Can I change my HomeStay accommodation?
- Only under special circumstances.
- You must give a minimum of one week’s notice to the academy.
- A £50 charge will apply in order to find new HomeStay accommodation.
Do you check the HomeStay providers?
- The Academy visits every HomeStay provider to ensure that the accommodation is to a high standard.
- We produce a basic brochure for each HomeStay provider, which includes photographs.
How much does the accommodation cost?
- £150.00 per week
- Registration fee £70 (non-refundable)
- Deposit of £250 (for breakages and unpaid rent, refundable when you leave) 4 weeks homestay fees (£600) plus registration fee and bond/deposit to be paid in advance
- For courses of 4 weeks or less, the full amount to be paid in advance (two weeks minimum stay)
- You must book and pay for your homestay at least two weeks before you plan to move into the house.
- If you are planning to stay with your homestay provider over the Christmas and New Year season please note an additional fee will apply.
To book your HomeStay accommodation download the application pack. [See attached document – unless you want to make it an online form]
Sometimes you want the privacy of your own home and to be independent. At the Academy we work with a number of reputable and local property agents to find you a property which matches your needs and your budget. Once we have your requirements, we will send you property brochures, which will enable you to make the right choice. By selecting Managed Accommodation you will cut out all the stress of deal with agents. All you have to do is collect your keys!
This option is only available to students on the 30 week course. There is also a registration fee of £70 for this service, which is non-refundable.
To book the Managed Accommodation service download the application pack. [I will provide this soon!]
The nearest hotel next to the stadium is The Fernhurst Lodge, which is only a 2 minute walk away. Prices start at £65 per night. However, for longer stays a low price may be agreed.
The Fernhurst offers 4-star guest accommodation, free Wi-Fi and free parking. Blackburn Rovers’ football stadium, is a 2-minute walk away.
All of the contemporary en suite rooms have widescreen TV and are located away from the main pub.
The Fernhurst Lodge serves real ales and traditional food in welcoming surroundings. Live sport is shown on large-screen TVs.
In the morning guests can start the day the Lancashire way, choosing from a selection of specialities including a wholesome breakfast sandwich or a hearty home cooked breakfast.