Booking & Availability
How do I book?
- To book a course, please follow this link to book securely online.
What is the profile of the students on our courses?
- Our courses are for adults of all ages (min 18 years old) and nationalities and, where offered, for all levels from beginners (A2) upwards. For most courses, the average age range will be from 18 to 20+.
How soon do I have to enrol?
- The earlier the better, to allow us to plan the classes and numbers efficiently. If we don’t receive enough bookings for a course, we will regrettably have to cancel it and the course you wanted may be removed from the site.
Can I join a class in the second week?
- Yes, if there is space in the classes we can take bookings for students to join the class in the second week, although there will be no discount to the price. You will need to call us to check availability. After the second week we do not allow any students to join the course as this is too disruptive to the learning program.
How do I know if there is space on a course?
- All courses with dates showing have spaces left. If there are no spaces left on a course, a date will not show up next to it.
What is the minimum number of students?
- The minimum number of students is the minimum number required to on a course, a date will not show up next to it. run the course. The minimum class size is 15 students. Where the number is less than this, it is at the Academy’s discretion whether the course will run. We always aim to run all courses as advertised, but cannot guarantee that this will be possible where the minimum class size is not met.
Can you issue a letter of invitation in order for me to get extend a visa to study with Blackburn International Education Academy?
- No, we cannot offer such letters, only letters of acceptance. In the event that your visa is rejected, we will provide you with a full refund. If you have further questions regarding Booking & Availability please email us.
- Email us
Payments & Refunds
Blackburn Rovers International Education Academy Refund Policy
- For full information on cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
Am I allowed a discount if I book more than one place?
- Discounts for group bookings will be considered; however, these are at the discretion of the football club.
Can I pay a deposit and then pay the rest later?
- No, you must pay all your fees at time of booking.
Can I talk to a real person about the course I am taking?
- We do try and include all relevant information on the website. However, if you cannot find the information you are looking for please call +44 (0)800 689 1369 or email email@example.com for a response within 24 hours.
When do the next courses start?
- Please visit out courses page to see all courses, prices and start dates.
Why learn a language?
- People learn languages for a number of reasons: some for work or business, some for education or to put on their CV, and some for the pleasure of being able to communicate with different people and cultures. Any trip abroad is greatly enhanced if you can say a few words, let alone if you can actually have a conversation with the locals!
Do I receive a qualification or certificate?
- At the end of your course you receive a certificate of participation. In addition to this, if you have been successful in your end of course English assessment you also receive an Ofqual approved English language qualification from either of the awarding bodies, NOCN or English Speaking Board (International).
How much homework is typically involved?
- Your teacher will give you approximately one hour’s worth of project work per week, but we would recommend you do ten minutes per day of self study in order to assimilate and retain the information you are learning.
Do I need a course book?
- You will need a course book to accompany your course. Course books are included in the course fees. The course book is chosen by our teachers and academic team based on which book is most suitable for the level of the class whilst offering the most communicative approach.
What should I do if my class is too easy / difficult for me?
- If you have just completed your first lesson and are feeling that you cannot cope, then don’t worry. Our courses are taught in English, as full immersion is widely recognised as the most effective way to learn a language. You may find this a little daunting at first, especially if you have previously been used to bi-lingual tuition. However, if you find that you are really struggling to keep up, or finding the course content too easy, you will be able to switch classes. Please speak to your teacher. We will assess the situation and look to move you to a class more suited to your ability (subject to availability).
What do I do if I a going to miss a lesson during the course?
- Administration team as soon as you know that you are going to miss a class. Your teacher can then email you with an outline of what was covered in the class you missed, along with any homework set and what part of the textbook was used. In the interests of course continuity, please note you will not be able to take an alternative lesson with another class.
What do I do if I am going to miss the first lesson?
- Please do let us know so that we can pass a message on to your teacher.
What if my teacher is ill during the course?
- If your teacher is ill during the term we will organise a cover teacher to take your lesson. If no cover teacher is available, we will reschedule the lesson to take place on a different day
How big are the classes?
- To ensure optimal course quality and enjoyment, our maximum class size is 20 students per class. However, in most circumstances, the class size will be around 10 to 15 students per class.
Blackburn Rovers International Academy Info & Procedures
What is the address of the school?
- All lessons will be conducted within the Blackburn Rovers stadium itself. The address for this is:
Blackburn Rovers International Education Academy, Ewood Park, Nuttall St, Blackburn, Lancashire BB2 4JF.
- When you book your course you will receive all of the course details by email, including the stadium’s address.